Reserved Time for Our In-Home Concierge Members
For our in-home concierge members, we typically reserve two hours for the initial appointment. Like all of our appointments, this meeting will be held in the comfort of your home.
We will review:
- Your medical history
- Current medications (including purpose, dosage and frequency)
- Recommendations from your current care team
Through a series of questions and observation, we will assess your:
- Physical and cognitive status
- Home safety and socialization status
This information will help us evaluate your current health and goals. Next, we will develop your personal Be Well MD Care Plan that will guide us as we work together to manage your health and support your independence.
We believe the learning, bonding and trust-building that takes place during this assessment will allow us to most effectively serve as your health advocate.
Be Well MD Care Plan – Wellness and Preventive Care
After the initial assessment we will assist you to identify your unique goals for a lifetime of health.
Through a series of assessments and personal coaching, members are empowered to take a proactive, preventive approach to life by setting goals and working with your care team to accomplish those personal goals.
Be Well MD focuses on preventive medicine, which means, that in addition to caring for you when you are sick, your Be Well MD team will focus on ways to keep you healthy.
Your Be Well MD Care Plan will help us determine which screenings are most important for your health, and as importantly, which screenings and procedures are unnecessary based on your risk factors and lifestyle. We help you understand disease risk factors, discuss tips for a healthy and balanced lifestyle and help you stay current with immunizations.
Some common disease screenings include:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia), which is a risk factor for diabetes, mellitus
- High cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- Colon cancer
It is important to consistently manage each member’s progress on a regular schedule to keep members healthy and happy. This means re-assessing current health, wellness progress and lifestyle goals on a regular basis.
Movement Really is Medicine
A few years ago the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) co-launched Exercise is Medicine (EIM). The initial purpose of EIM was to make the scientifically-proven benefits of physical activity the standard in the US healthcare system.
Be Well MD has embraced the Exercise is Medicine philosophy to add even greater value to the lives of older adults.
Our customized approach follows these steps:
Assess Current Physical Activity Levels
- Our Wellness and Senior Fitness Expert assesses the senior’s current physical activity level through medical and non-medical information gathering sessions.
- Medical intake sessions include detailed reviews of your medical history, along with administering tests, examinations, and screenings to determine your current health status
- Non-medical intake sessions include gathering information on your lifestyle preferences and physical activity history through our “Discover Yourself” questionnaire
Identify Chronic Disease and Mobility Levels
Our evaluation process places the senior into one of the following categories concerning chronic condition and mobility:
- High Risk – indicating the senior has debilitating chronic disease(s) and several mobility issues
- Medium Risk – indicating the senior has debilitating chronic disease(s) and few mobility issues
- Low Risk – indicating the senior has non-debilitating chronic disease(s) with few mobility issues
- Minimal Risk – indicating the senior has no chronic disease(s) but temporary mobility issues (i.e. recovering surgery)
- No Risk – indicating the senior has no chronic disease(s) and no current mobility issues
Select a Program To Match Your Fitness Goals
Our experts will work with you to find a program – where you live or nearby – best suited for your fitness goals. We will work to ensure the program is tailored to fit your needs and preferences.
Our wellness program offers professionally designed exercise options for those seniors in Low Risk, Medium Risk and when applicable, High Risk categories.
About our Wellness Coordinator and Senior Fitness Expert
Janis Horne has 37 years of fitness training experience and five years of focused work on fitness training and injury prevention needs for older adults. Janis’ professional guidance is specially designed for seniors.
Her customized fitness training is coordinated with Dr. Carlson and Be Well MD’s clinical team to provide a customized approach to our brand of Exercise is Medicine.