Unlimited Access, No Time Constraints
- As a member of Be Well MD’s concierge practice, you have access to more personalized care from the doctor, with open access 24/7 through phone, email, text and video conferencing.
- Face-to-face appointments can last as long as necessary. Your needs will be met and your questions answered on your schedule at your place.
- If you’re not feeling well, you don’t have to wait until next week to get in to see the doctor.
- Easy access to your primary physician can translate into better overall health management. There is emphasis on prevention and it may mean that you seek fewer sessions with other health practitioners.
Advocate for Specialty Services
- Your primary care concierge physician may be less likely to send patients to another physician for conditions such as allergies, dermatological needs and sinus infections, which are often referred out in a traditional setting because of time constraints.
- A concierge physician will actively manage your specialty scans, tests and procedures including ultrasounds, CT scans, X-rays, MRIs and biopsies so you don’t have to coordinate with multiple entities.
- Because the concierge physician will coordinate all your care, there is less possibility that specialty services and tests will be duplicated if you are seeing more than one specialist.
Hands-On to Ensure Quality and Safety
- Your concierge physician is always available for advice and consultation. This may help you avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room or urgent care.
- Your concierge physician will help you understand your care plan fully and reconcile differences that may result when multiple physicians are making recommendations.
- Because your physician is available to consult with your specialists and your pharmacist, you can minimize the risk of drug interactions from multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors.
- You benefit from getting drug selections and dosages right the first time, and not having to manage the various orders from several doctors.
- Less exposure to infection by avoiding busy waiting rooms.
In two different studies, patients of concierge primary care practices have less need for other healthcare services. One study showed patients experienced 35% fewer hospitalizations, 65% fewer emergency department visits, 66% fewer specialist visits and 82% fewer surgeries than similar populations. Another study showed significant decreases in preventable hospital use by Medicare patients.*
- If you have private insurance you may be able to switch to a high-deductible health insurance policy that is combined with a health savings account (HSA). With a higher deductible you’ll have lower premiums. The money you save on premiums can go into an HSA and those funds can be used to pay for the concierge service.
- For individuals in the workforce, being able to see your doctor right away may result in fewer days you have to call in sick to work.
- For those working in professions that bill hourly rates, time is money so less wait time to see the physician and direct access to the physician can save both.
* Source: Everyone Should Have a Concierge Doctor, Forbes, 8/28/14